5 How to backup my iPhone content before reset?
Backing up your iPhone data is so crucial to keeping your data safe. You can backup your data very easily with the help of iTunes or iCloud. Either you can backup the data onto your computer or on iCloud.
Backing up your iOS devices to iTunes is very simple. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Connect your phone to your computer. Then, launch iTunes. There you can see the option to backup your data either to your computer or onto iCloud.
- Select “This Computer” option.
- Under “Manually Backup and Restore” section, click on “Backup Now”.
- Make sure your device is connected to wifi. Open settings > iCloud> Storage and Backup or Backup.
- Enable iCloud Backup and select Backup Now.
This will enable daily backup of your data but then the iTunes backup would be disabled.
Since restoring your device doesn’t backups apps, use the “Transfer Purchases” option found when you right click your device on iTunes. This will backup all your apps. So, you can drag the apps transferred to iTunes back to your device.
Restoring Data Back from the Backup from iTunes:
If you have backed up data, you will have no problems in restoring the data back to your iPhone. Just follow these easy steps to restore your iPhone data.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes.
- Right-click on your device in iTunes and choose “Restore from Backup”.
- Choose the latest backup and restore it right away.
Restoring Data Back from the Backup from iCloud:
- Sign into your iCloud using your Apple ID.
- Select “Agree” after going through the terms and conditions.
- Select the latest backup from the list of backups.
- Voila! Your iPhone would be restored and it would restart.